Download FOOD GUIDE from external website
As we approach this New Year our nation and the rest of the world is in dire need of divine intervention to push back the forces of evil. As a local church, we are believing God to use us to make a significant impact on our city and the various mission stations that we support around the world. We are more committed than ever to fulfill the calling of God on our church with a renewed passion to seek, save, and disciple the lost, while advancing the kingdom of God.
The Elders of New Song are inviting you to partner with them as we all focus on the following things during 21days of consecration
- God’s direction and appointment of leadership for our ministry to children
- Outreach and service to those in the neighborhood around New Song Church
- Elimination of the mortgage on our building
The following are benefits that will be received by those who choose to embrace this discipline.
- Fasting tenderizes our hearts and makes them more sensitive to receive more from God.
- Fasting enlarges our capacity to embrace a more focused and dedicated lifestyle of kingdom values.
- Fasting opens our minds and hearts to the reception of spiritual things.
- Fasting will reveal to us our true spiritual identity.
- Fasting equips our bodies and enhances our physical health and spiritual intimacy.
- Fasting tears down the stronghold of physical addictions and appetites.
- Fasting wages warfare against besetting sins through prayer and consecration.
- Fasting breaks spiritual bondage to various foods.
- Fasting will increase the desire to serve in ministry to the body of Christ.
- Fasting reveals and silences the flesh.
We invite you to take the journey with us as we seek a personal encounter with God and witness His power released with signs and wonders following. The breakthrough that we long for will not happen until we abandon all efforts of performance and glory in our weakness in pursuit of His strength. Set aside a time and place to meet with God for prayer, Bible reading, and waiting on the Lord.
Theme of the fast—fasting and prayer: Your goal in fasting is to become closer to God by voluntarily denying the demands of your flesh. Increase your prayer life during this time. Study the Scriptures with a new intensity. When the fast is over, you should have a new spiritual strength from overcoming the cravings that usually control your life and from dedicating yourself to God.
Accountability and support groups: You will probably be most successful with this fast if you make yourself accountable to at least one other person during this fast. You may want to form a small group of people who meet occasionally or talk by phone. Encourage one another. If someone falls and eats the wrong foods, do not condemn them. Help them start again. Walk in love and mercy.
Restricting television and entertainment: It will be difficult for you to consecrate yourself if you feed yourself with television and movies during this time.
Important exceptions: Anyone who has a medical condition related to eating or is under the treatment of a physician must consult their doctor. Under these conditions, find some sacrifices of food that can be made without endangering your health. Also, if you have extreme difficulty with the fast, such as impairment of your ability to work at your job, you will need to make some adjustments.
The Daniel Fast – Application
If you have never participated in a Daniel Fast before, you’ll find that it is very simple and easy to follow. As with any fast, the purpose of denying yourself something you would normally consume is to focus your attention on the Lord and spend extra time in prayer and the Word. Let your hunger and cravings remind you of the desperate need for God’s presence, power, and breakthrough in your life and the world around you. During the Daniel Fast, set aside time to be alone with God to develop a greater sensitivity to the voice of the Spirit. Choose specific moments to concentrate on reading and praying through the topic of the day. Try to begin and end each day with prayer. You will be quite amazed at the amount of extra time you have by simplifying your diet and eliminating recreational eating. The reward of God’s presence and spiritual growth far outweighs the sacrifices made during the fast.
Please refer to the Daniel Fast Food List (external link) for further instructions and information about fasting.