Song of Solomon Bible Study
Join us on Zoom Wednesday Evenings following the Live Stream Prayer Meeting for a time of Bible Study discussion and fellowship.
How it Works
For this series, we are using Dr. J. Vernon McGee’s study. Every week we will cover two 25-minute lessons. Listen to the lessons on your own schedule, but prior to our Wednesday evening discussion time. Then join us Wednesday evening on Zoom for our discussion. We start at 8:00, and finish by 9:00.
Our study schedule and links to the programs are shown below. If you are on the mailing list, you will also receive a weekly message with the links for current week’s lessons.
Song of Solomon Study Schedule
(The links below will take you to archived programs on the OnePlace website. On that archive page, the programs we are listening to will show the 2019 dates when they were last broadcast on the radio. Ignore the broadcast dates.)
- September 23 — week 1
- September 30 — week 2
- October 7 — week 3
- October 14 — week 4
- October 21 — week 5 — current week
- October 28 — week 6
- November 4 — week 7
Other options for listening to the lessons
While using the links shown above or in the weekly email is the simplest, there are other options for listening to Dr. McGee’s audio-only lessons which might be more useful for mobile listeners.
- Install the free “Thru The Bible” App on your Smart Phone or Tablet. This is a great option if you want to listen on the go. However, you will need to search the archives to find the Song of Solomon series.
Note: there are a number of apps in the app store that will come up if you search for “Thru the Bible.” To be sure you get the correct app, follow the links on the Thru the Bible website.
- Setup a free “OnePlace” account to listen to Dr. McGee on your computer, set-top box, tablet or smart phone. OnePlace has apps for Android, iPhone, Roku, Kindle Fire, and more — or use any web browser. OnePlace is a great resource for listening to podcasts from a wide range of Christian preachers, teachers and speakers. However, it may be difficult to find the desired lessons from the archives if you are using the OnePlace app as opposed to a web browser.
Join us on Zoom
If you are already using Zoom for other church-related group meetings, you’ll have no problem joining us at 8:00 Wednesday evenings. The Meeting ID you already have should work.
- If using a phone, dial: +1 669-900-6833 or +1 646-876-9923 When prompted, enter meeting ID followed by #
- If using your computer, browse to https://zoom.us/ Click “join meeting” and enter the meeting ID when prompted. You may need to download and install a small app.
- If you already have the Zoom app installed on your computer, tablet or smart phone, simply join the meeting.
Please contact the church office for the meeting ID number, or ask to be added to the weekly Bible Study mailing list, and the Meeting ID will be sent to you weekly along with the lesson links.