Welcome! — CR is open for On-Location Meetings
Celebrate Recovery at New Song is open with meetings every Tuesday evening– come join us. Doors open at 6:15pm and our meeting starts promptly at 6:30pm.
Ministry Opportunities now available — Get involved!
Doors open at 6:15pm
Large Group: 6:30pm to 7:30pm
(Here we come together for a time of worship and hear a testimonial or a teaching.)
Open Share Groups: 7:30pm to 8:30pm
(These are gender specific groups.)
New Song Community Church
Located in our Community Center west of main building
220 NE Russell St.
Portland OR 97212-3733
Under the guidelines set out by our Governor, CR is re-opening on June 9, 2020. The CR Leadership Team is committed to strict adherence to the guidelines put in place by the State. The following are some measures the leadership team is putting in place to keep everyone safe:
- Mask’s/face covering are mandatory.
- Our capacity is capped for a total of 70 participants – this includes leaders. Our door will lock once capacity has been reached.
- We will not be serving food or drink.
- All seating has 6 foot spacing and participants must commit to the 6ft social distancing guideline.
- Anyone with a fever or illness will not be allowed into the meeting.
- The Community Center has had a deep cleaning and each week it will be thoroughly sanitized and cleaned before opening and it will be re-sanitized after each use.
The purpose of New Song Community Church’s “Celebrate Recovery” is to fellowship and celebrate God’s healing power in our lives through the 12 Steps and 8 Recovery Principles. This experience allows us to “be changed.” We open the door by sharing our experiences, strengths, and hopes with one another. In addition, we become willing to accept God’s grace in solving our lives’ problems.
By working the Christ-centered steps and applying their Biblical principles found in the Beatitudes (Matthew 5), we begin to grow spiritually. We become free from our addictive, compulsive, and dysfunctional behaviors. This freedom creates peace, serenity, joy, and most importantly, a stronger personal relationship with God and others.
As we progress through the principles and the steps, we discover our personal, loving and forgiving Higher Power – Jesus Christ.
We welcome you to this amazing spiritual adventure
Celebrate Recovery Small Groups Can:
- Provide you a safe place to share your experiences, strengths and hopes with others who are going through the “Principles” in a Christ-Centered recovery program.
- Provide you a group leader who has gone through a similar hurt, hang-up or habit that will facilitate the group as it focuses on a particular principle each week. The leader will also keep Celebrate Recovery’s “5 Group Guidelines.”
- Provide you with the opportunity to find accountability partner(s) and a sponsor.
- Encourage you to attend other recovery meetings held throughout the week.
Celebrate Recovery Small Groups Will Not:
- Attempt to offer any professional clinical advice. Our leaders are not counselors.
- Allow its members to attempt to fix one another.
Age 18 and older. Currently no childcare or children’s program available; check back for further updates.