Wednesday Evening Bible Study — Romans starting March 23rd
Join us on Zoom Wednesday Evenings following the Live Stream Prayer Meeting for a time of Bible Study discussion and fellowship.
How the Study Works
Every week we will cover a video lesson from Dr Chuck Missler. Watch to the weekly online lessons on your own schedule, but prior to our Wednesday evening discussion time. Then join us Wednesday evening on Zoom for our discussion. We start at 8:00, and finish by 9:00. Use the form at the bottom of this page to be added to the weekly mailing list. The weekly emails contain the link for that week’s lesson and the meeting ID for Zoom.
Join us on Zoom Wednesday Evenings
If you are already using Zoom for other New Song related meetings, you’ll have no problem joining us at 8:00 Wednesday evenings. The Meeting ID you already have should work.
- If using a phone, dial: +1 669-900-6833 or +1 646-876-9923 When prompted, enter meeting ID followed by #
- If using your computer, browse to https://zoom.us/ Click “join meeting” and enter the meeting ID when prompted. You may need to download and install a small app.
- If you already have the Zoom app installed on your computer, tablet or smart phone, simply join the meeting.
Study Schedule — The Book of Romans with Dr. Chuck Missler
March 23 — September 7
Romans PDF Study Notes (1.83MB, 133 printed pages)
The Video files are hosted on Vemio but are not public. Private links will be sent in our weekly email. Please sign up (below) to be added to our weekly email list to receive the links. Most sessions are about an hour long. Dates are subject to change.
- March 23 — Introduction and Chapter 1:1 – 1:7: Salutation. Attributes of the Trinity.
- March 30 — Chapter 1:8 – 1:32: The Need for the Gospel. God’s Righteousness Revealed Against Pagan Humanity.
- April 6 — Chapter 2: The Righteousness of God Revealed. Condemnation of Moral Man.
- April 13 — Holy Week – enjoy the evening off
- April 20 — Chapter 3: Advantages of Being a Jew? Case Against the Entire Human Race. Why Does God Save Anyone?
- April 23 (Saturday) — our Passover Seder — details in our weekly email, or contact Rolf
- April 27 — Chapter 4: God’s Greatest Gift. Faith of Abraham and David. Salvation by Faith, not Works. The Resurrection.
- May 4 — Chapter 5: Peace With God. The Sequence to Maturity. The Logic of His Love. Two Heads: Adam and Christ.
- May 11 — Chapter 6: Two Masters: Sin Personified, and God as Revealed in Jesus. The Death of Defeat. Baptism. Sanctification.
- May 18 — Chapter 7: Law School: The Law and Christ Risen. Dead to the Law. Spirit Is Willing, the Flesh Is Weak.
- May 25 — Chapter 8:1 – 17 https://vimeo.com/703391695: Deliverance from the Flesh by the Power of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit’s Inner Witness.
- June 1 — Chapter 8:18 – 27: The New Creation. Preservation in Suffering by the Power of the Holy Spirit.
- June 8 — Chapter 8:28 – 39: Our Eternal Security. Hymn of Praise for Victory. Certainty of Sanctification.
- June 15 — Chapter 9:1 – 5: Advantages of Being a Jew? Discussion of the Covenants. The Sceptre of Judah. Eschatological Heresies.
- June 22 — Chapter 9:6 – 13: Has the Word of God Failed? Doctrine of Election.
- June 29 — Chapter 9:14 – 33: God’s Sovereignty. Moses and Pharaoh. Gentiles Called. Stumbling Stone.
- July 6 — Chapter 10:1 – 15: Rabbinical Expectations. Salvation by Faith Taught by Moses. “Whosoever…” Israel Present.
- July 13 — Chapter 10:16 – 21: Review of Post-Biblical History of Israel up to modern day.
- July 20 — Chapter 11:1 – 24: Israel’s Future. Salvation unto the Gentiles.
- July 27 — Chapter 11:25: Israel’s Future—Part Two.
- August 3 — Chapter 11:25 – 36: The Kingdom Parables. Mysteries. “Until.” Rapture Models.
- August 10 — Chapter 12: Gifts. Armor. Body Life. Evidences of the Spirit-filled Person.
- August 17 — Chapter 13: Civil Responsibilities: to the state; to those outside the Church.
- August 24 — Chapter 14: Christian Maturity. Capital Punishment. Dietary Restrictions? The Sabbath Day Dilemma. Sunday or Saturday?
- August 31 — Chapter 15: Importance of Unity within the Body. In Light of Christ’s Ministry. Paul’s Methodology and Plans.
- September 7 — Chapter 16: Importance of Relationships. A Most Painful Sin, Gossip. Professional Secretaries.
- September 9-11 (Friday – Sunday) – Beach Retreat Details Pending.
Our Benediction — Numbers 6:24-26 (ESV)
The Lord bless you and keep you;
the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace.
Please complete the web form below. This will add you to an email list to receive weekly messages containing the necessary links and meeting ID.