Wednesday Evening Bible Study
Join us on Zoom Wednesday Evenings following the Live Stream Prayer Meeting for a time of Bible Study discussion and fellowship.
How the Study Works
Every week we will cover two half-hour made-for-radio audio lessons. This 11-part series is presented by Dr. J. Vernon McGee. Listen to the weekly online lessons on your own schedule, but prior to our Wednesday evening discussion time. Then join us Wednesday evening on Zoom for our discussion. We start at 8:00, and finish by 9:00.
Our study schedule and links to the audio lessons are shown below. Use the form at the bottom of this page to be added to the weekly mailing list. The weekly emails will include the links for that week’s lessons, and the meeting ID for Zoom.
Join us on Zoom Wednesday Evenings
If you are already using Zoom for other New Song related meetings, you’ll have no problem joining us at 8:00 Wednesday evenings. The Meeting ID you already have should work.
- If using a phone, dial: +1 669-900-6833 or +1 646-876-9923 When prompted, enter meeting ID followed by #
- If using your computer, browse to https://zoom.us/ Click “join meeting” and enter the meeting ID when prompted. You may need to download and install a small app.
- If you already have the Zoom app installed on your computer, tablet or smart phone, simply join the meeting.
How to Listen to the Lessons
There are multiple options for listening to Dr. McGee’s audio-only lessons:
- Using any device with a web browser, follow the links that I send in the weekly email. This is the simplest option.
- Bookmark this page (https://www.newsongpdx.com/study/#current) and follow the links here. This page includes scheduled links for the entire study so you don’t need to wait for my weekly email.
- Install the free “Thru The Bible” App on your Smart Phone or Tablet. This is a great option if you want to listen on the go. However, you will need to search the archives to find the Ruth series. Note: there are a number of apps in the app store that will come up if you search for “Thru the Bible.” To be sure you get the correct app, follow the links on the Thru the Bible website.
- Setup a free “OnePlace” account to listen to Dr. McGee on your computer, set-top box, tablet or smart phone. OnePlace has apps for Android, iPhone, Roku, Kindle Fire, and more — or use any web browser. OnePlace is a great resource for listening to podcasts from a wide range of Christian preachers, teachers and speakers.
Listen to our weekly lessons from Dr McGee on your own schedule prior to our weekly virtual meetings.
Study Schedule — Colossians with Dr. J. Vernon McGee
Dates are subject to change. Please listen to the two weekly lessons prior to our Wednesday evening Zoom meeting. Disregard the date shown on the “One Place” web page. Those are the dates of the last radio broadcast for the lesson and have nothing to do with our study.
- 19 May — (1) Colossians 1:1, 2
- 19 May — (2) Colossians 1:2-14
- 26 May — (3) Colossians 1:15-18
- 26 May — (4) Colossians 1:18-24
- 2 June — (5) Colossians 1:24-29
- 2 June — (6) Colossians 2:1-8
- 9 June — (7) Colossians 2:8-23
- 9 June — (8) Colossians 3:1-5
- 16 June — (9) Colossians 3:6-12
- 16 June — (10) Colossians 3:12-25
- 23 June — (11) Colossians 3:22—4:18
Looking Ahead . . .
- 30 June — In-Person Social, 6:30 p.m. See weekly email for more information. (pending – might change to July 7)
- 7 July — Break. Enjoy the evening off. (pending – might change to June 30)
- 14 July — Begin Jeremiah & Lamentations, a 21-part audio series with Dr Chuck Missler.
Please complete the web form below. This will add you to an email list to receive weekly messages containing the necessary links, passwords and meeting ID.