Download booklet: Reading Version Booklet Print Version
NOTE: When printing the booklet choose double-sided printing that flips on the short edgeToday’s Reading
Strengthening Your Walk with the Lord
February 17 – March 28, 2021
The 40-day journey you are about to embark on finds it roots in the scripture I Kings 19:7-9. Elijah was overwhelmed, depressed, and on the run from Jezebel, fearing that she would fulfill her threat of taking his life, after he had destroyed the prophets of Baal.
The angel of the Lord visited Elijah a second time and he was given supernatural strength that sustained him for 40 days. I believe that he was fortified with the promises of God so he was able to prophesy judgment against Jezebel and he brought her to her demise.
For the next 40 days, we will look at one scripture each day and an attribute of our faith as believers and we will regain strength and hope for the things we face personally and as a nation.
These lessons are designed for a 10-minute daily devotional (minimum) that will strengthen your walk with the Lord and enable you to overpower the enemy. I would like to encourage you to invest this time to reap the results of a powerful anointing of the Lord’s presence through reading His word and by applying principles and examples to strengthen your faith. Your daily focus on a one-word principle will infuse your spirit with hope and purpose.
May God bless you as you embark on this journey with us.
Pastor Richard Probasco
Day 1 Romans 8:15 Awareness Wednesday, Feb 17
Allow the Holy Spirit to confirm in your spirit that you belong to God.
- Bring your thoughts into alignment with what Jesus says about you.
- Confess that you are the righteousness of God.
- Be thankful for the confirmation of the presence of God living within you throughout your day.
Day 2 Timothy 4:7-8 Godliness Thursday, Feb 18
- Maximize yourself as an earthly example of Godliness in your thoughts, attitudes and behavior.
- Be honest by confessing your short-comings as they relate to your motives.
- Purge the things from your life that do not add to your faith in Jesus.
- Do not let your past failures hold you hostage or prevent you from future victories and obedience as a believer.
Day 3 John 16:13 Truth Friday, Feb 19
- Allow Jesus to guide you into all the truth of who He has made you to be.
- Let the Holy Spirit show you things you should hold on to and things that you should let go of.
- Learn to listen for the voice of the Holy Spirit for direction and comfort.
Day 4 Mark 8:36-38 Commitment Saturday, Feb 20
- We must have dedication and determination to do the Lord’s will.
- We must have faith in the person that God has made us to be.
- Make a commitment today to purge one thing from your life that is keeping you from fulfilling trusting Jesus with your life and future.
Day 5 James 1:2-3 Patience Sunday, Feb 21
- Patience will refine and perfect you. Confess any acts of impatience that would hinder you from trusting the Lord.
- Patience is a discipline that will help you break free from things that pollute your soul.
- Learn to take possession of your soul by mastering the art of patience. (Don’t pray for it, practice it.)
Day 6 Philippians 1:9-10 Discernment Monday, Feb 22
- Seek to know the excellence of God’s will for your life.
- Do not allow your perception of perfection to overrule God’s gift of discerning His truth over your desire for recognition for what think you have accomplished.
- Your capacity for sincere faith will be determined by your ability to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit and obey His instruction.
Day 7 Philippians 4:6-7 Wholeness Tuesday, Feb 23
- Stop and think of the things that will cause you to forfeit your peace of mind.
- Allow the Holy Spirit to teach you to accept, learn, and grow from everything that you experience.
- Realize that you are complete in Jesus and He will keep your heart in perfect peace.
Day 8 Hebrews 4:10 Balance Wednesday, Feb 24
- Take the opportunity to get adequate rest for your body and soul.
- If you seek the kingdom of God first, then the Lord can add all of the other things that really matter.
- Ask the Lord to show you what you need to change in your daily routine to bring your life into balance.
Day 9 John 14:27 Peace Thursday, Feb 25
- Ask the Holy Spirit to show you things that you can do that will bring peace into situations that you are presently facing.
- Focus on allowing the peace of Christ to rule in your heart.
- Be willing to let go of whatever does not promote peace in your life. Name the things and release them.
Day 10 Romans 2:4 Goodness Friday, Feb 26
- Examine your habits, heart, and thoughts to see if they are rich in goodness.
- Think of one negative thing in your life that you can replace with something positive.
- Remember, it is the goodness of God that will bring you to repentance.
Day 11 I Timothy 4:6-8 Discipline Saturday, Feb 27
- It is not what we choose not to do but what we choose to do that requires discipline.
- Make a list of the things that you choose to do for God.
- Today, for every negative thought or word you think or speak, commit to give $1.00 to the church or a charity.
Day 12 Matthew 6:5-6 Simplicity Sunday, Feb 28
- Be yourself before God and you can be your best “you” before man.
- Feed your soul by pursuing simplicity in the things you do.
- Choose to love, encourage, or forgive someone who needs it today.
Day 13 Psalms 139:14 Uniqueness Monday, Mar 1
- Your soul holds your DNA with the keys to your purpose, potential, and destiny.
- List 3 things about your personality that make you special.
- List 3 talents that God has given you to steward.
Day 14 Hebrews 6:10-12 Passion (desire) Tuesday, Mar 2
- Define the things that you are passionate about in life.
- How do the things that you are passionate about affect your devotion to Christ?
- How can you harness your passions and desires to make a difference in the world?
Day 15 Romans 15:13 Joy Wednesday, Mar 3
- Define 4 things in your life that bring you the greatest joy.
- How many things that bring you joy promote the message of the kingdom?
- Be aware that discouragement, loss, depression, disappointment, fear, anxiety, oppression, sickness, lack and loneliness are common joy thieves. Circle any of the words above that apply to you.
Day 16 Matthew 6:30-33 Beauty Thursday, Mar 4
- Cultivate the beauty of your soul by not shying away from things that are uncomfortable or unfamiliar.
- Allow the Lord to display His glory–through your love and smile–toward someone who needs it.
- Your soul is beautiful because it was created to express the divine magnificence of God.
Day 17 Isaiah 40:28-29 Effortlessness Friday, Mar 5
- Practice being still and allowing God to work things out in His time.
- It will take effort to get to the place of relaxing and trusting but you will enjoy it once you let go.
- Learn to live in God’s presence without feeling you have to say or do anything.
Day 18 2 Corinthians 13:5 Authenticity Saturday, Mar 6
- Trust the Lord to reveal His purpose and plan for you in a specific way today.
- Ask the Lord to reveal to you any plan that you have or are about to make that is not in line with His will.
- What things must you let go of to come into alignment with God’s plan and purpose for your life?
Day 19 Philippians 3: 12-15 Focus Sunday, Mar 7
- When your life is in focus with God’s plan, you will accomplish your goals, maximize your potential and fulfill your purpose.
- If you do not know your purpose, ask God to reveal it to you today.
- Focus on what you want, not what you don’t want, and you will get it
Day 20 Ephesians 5:15-17 Order Monday, Mar 8
- Take an inventory of how you plan to spend your day, beyond your work requirements, and you will discover whether there is order in your life.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to show you how you can bring order into your life by changing or eliminating things.
- Make a decision to change at least 2 things in your life that you know are out of order and will bring you freedom and relief.
Day 21 Hebrews 10:19-23 Faith Tuesday, Mar 9
- The number one thing that undermines our faith is when we deny who we are in Christ.
- Write down 3 things that you can think about that will strengthen your faith in Jesus.
- Exercise your faith by declaring victory over the things that distract you and try to defeat your ability to focus.
Day 22 Psalms 100:1-4 Gratitude Wednesday, Mar 10
- Name five things about yourself that you are grateful to the Lord for blessing you with.
- Name three things that you have not experienced in your life that you believe God will work out for you.
- identify the people in your life that you are grateful for? Contact at least 2 of them and tell them.
Day 23 Jeremiah 29:11 Destiny Thursday, Mar 11
- Your destiny is decision-oriented and you are one decision away from changing your direction.
- Destiny is not a matter of chance but a matter of choice. Accept that fact.
- Paint a picture in your mind of your greatest possible future, write it down, and ask God, in faith, to take you there.
Day 24 Philippians 3:7-11 Identity Friday, Mar 12
- What does greatness look like to you? Describe it.
- Ask the Holy Spirit for a vision of your God-created identity and write it down.
- What things have you chosen to do in order to get to know the Lord better? Write down at least 2 things.
Day 25 Jeremiah 1:5 Purpose Saturday, Mar 13
- Take the time to reflect upon who you believe that God has in mind for you to become.
- Do you have a plan of pursuit for God’s purpose in your life?
- What things do you need to have less or more of to realize God’s purpose in your life. Write them down.
Day 26 Proverbs 20:7 Integrity Sunday, Mar 14
- What are the circumstances in your life that are making you stronger by testing your integrity?
- Does your purity in decision making run parallel with your integrity and its impact on the lives of others?
- Write down 3 things that you believe are your motives for living a Christ-centered life.
Day 27 I Peter 2:7-8 Appointed (responsibility) Monday, Mar 15
- How well are you stewarding the things that the Lord has appointed you to accomplish in this life?
- What is your plan of action to take responsibility for the things God has appointed for you to accomplish?
- What is the one thing about your life that, if you changed it, would change everything?
Day 28 Acts 20:24 Potential Tuesday, Mar 16
- Do you find yourself sitting in front of TV or a computer wasting time you could invest in the potential that the Holy Spirit has given you to make a difference in this world?
- Ask the Holy Spirit who He has assigned you to become.
- Seek the Lord for a vision of what would bring you fulfillment by expanding the kingdom of God. Write it down.
Day 29 Matthew 5:33-37 Impeccability Wednesday, Mar 17
- Ask the Holy Spirit to expose any area of deception that you might be propagating that would misrepresent the truth.
- How transparent is your speech and the life you live?
- Do you say one thing and mean another or misrepresent what you are truly thinking or feeling? Ask someone (you are close to) what they think about your impeccability.
Day 30 I Peter 3:8-9 Compassion Thursday, Mar 18
- The simplest way to demonstrate compassion is with your words of affirmation.
- Today, think of someone you normally don’t have patience for and speak a blessing over them with kind words of expression.
- Make an investment in someone’s life by sharing some of your resources, food, or money today.
Day 31 I Peter 2:13-17 Respect Friday, Mar 19
- Without the ability to respect the rights, opinions and differences of others, you won’t be able to show compassion.
- You cannot “demand” respect but rather “command” respect by taking action on behalf of those who are denied it.
- Ask the Holy Spirit if He would see you as a person who is filled with respect.
Day 32 Luke 16:13 Loyalty Saturday, Mar 20
- The degree to which you show yourself loyal to God will be reflected in the way you demonstrate your loyalty among your peers.
- How has someone’s lack of loyalty to you affected your loyalty to others?
- What are three things you can do that would demonstrate your loyalty to the Lord?
Day 33 I John 1:5-7 Credibility (Truthful) Sunday, Mar 21
- Do your choices and behavior establish you as a believer who is credible and believable?
- How would you rate yourself on the following things: honesty, being on time, being a person of your word, trustworthy?
- What type of mark would you like to leave in a person’s mind or heart after they meet you for the first time?
Day 34 Ephesians 2:1-5 Temperance Monday, Mar 22
- Ask yourself the question as to how you are managing your ability to demonstrate self-discipline in all areas of your life.
- Can you think of things that you could do to improve your witness to the world–by becoming a better example in exercising restraint?
- What are the excesses in life that you have given yourself that could be viewed by others as indulgences and stumbling blocks?
Day 35 Galatians 5:19-25 Morality Tuesday, Mar 23
- Is there anything on the list that Paul calls out that you feel deprived of and desire to participate in?
- Are you looking for godly things to add to your life in substitute for ungodly habits?
- What do you look to for the establishment of your personal convictions of morality?
- Does your public morality and private morality line up with your convictions of the Holy Spirit? Make a list, if necessary, of things that need to change.
Day 36 Isaiah 9:6-7 Justice Wednesday, Mar 24
- When you think of justice, how does your heart respond toward those who are suffering from injustice?
- Do you treat people with fairness, respect, and rights in the same manner as you desire to be treated?
- What can you begin doing today to “serve people” who are suffering injustice and abuse?
Day 37 Romans 3:25-26 Tolerance Thursday, Mar 25
- Tolerance is your ability to accept the differences of others with patience, compassion and charity.
- When you show patience, you are demonstrating God’s goodness that will soften hearts.
- In what ways is the Holy Spirit directing you to show more tolerance that will enable you to pray for those who are lost in sinful behavior?
Day 38 Proverbs 11:17-20 Ethics Friday, Mar 26
- What things are you willing to take a stand for without compromising your conviction as a believer?
- Do your political convictions line up with the word of God on all levels?
- What things must you let go of in order to embrace people with the love that Jesus has loved you?
Day 39 I Corinthians 12:12-14 Interdependence Saturday, Mar 27
- To get the full value of joy you must have someone to share it with. Seek out someone to share something good that happened in your life today.
- Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal to you areas of your life that you prevented others from having access, even though that would be mutually beneficial for you and others.
- Ask the Lord to show you where your desire for independence is an excuse for being selfish.
Day 40 I Peter 4:8-11 Community Sunday, Mar 28
- Pick 5 words from the following list that will help develop a greater awareness for the benefit of community in your life: Community, Collaboration, Communication, Compassion, Safety, Kindness
- What are the things that you will need to let go of, in order for you to operate with a community mindset?
- Are you willing to allow the Holy Spirit to guide you into relationships where you can thrive and grow in community with other believers?